Medical Transcription in simple terms could be explained as the entry of case histories, diagnosis, prescriptions, etc. given by the physicians/surgeons after evaluating the condition of the patients. However, unlike the simple entry of text into the computer, here the doctors dictate the analysis of the patient, which should be transcribed by a Medical Transcriptionist. Due stringent healthcare laws and a strong insurance sector, it has become mandatory to have a detailed case history of the patient including the diagnosis, prescriptions and any other postoperative and preoperative reports. Since the wage levels in developed countries are very high, the amount spent in generating one case history goes to hundreds of dollars, which is not economically viable for large hospitals that require thousands of reports every day.
Why outsource medical transcription to India?
In the last couple of decades India has shown amazing success in this field of medical transcription. Thanks to stable government and encouraging policy framed. Secondly to the large availability of IT professionals and thirdly to the internet revolution. All these combination as worked well for the subcontinent leader in IT savvy thus pushing India to a top position as a quality source of medical transcription services.
Advantages of outsourcing medical transcription to India
There are countable advantages in outsourcing medical transcription to India:
Language – India has a vast pool of English speaking resources. In fact India is second largest English speaking country in the world after the US. Most of the Medical transcriptionists are graduates having science as major. Their science qualification combined with fluency in the language makes Medical Transcription Training easier and the quality of results delivered is high.
Cost Savings– The payout levels for medical transcriptionists in India are considerably lower than those in the US. Indian companies offer comparable services and streamlined Medical Transcription Processes at highly competitive rates. This advantage translates into big savings for hospitals, clinics, individual healthcare providers and even global medical transcription companies by hiring Indian medical transcription companies.
Turnaround time – Turnaround time is critical in this industry. Since India is several hours ahead of America and Europe, Indian medical transcription industries can offer the natural advantage of quicker turnaround time.
INFRASTRUCTURE at BOSS
Infrastructure plays a vital role in any organization which provides IT enabled services. At BOSS, hardware and software are continuously upgraded, ensuring that the company stays on the razor’s edge of technology.
- Ergonomic furniture and adequate lighting and full air-conditioning
- Presently, we have the infrastructure to transcribe about 10,000 lines a day with a turnaround time of 12-24 hours.
- Software available for voice filtering and other assistance related to improving voice quality for better output of the transcription.
- Online and off-line reference material present to assist the transcriptionists.
- We provide secured tunnel through sonic fire wall.
- 2MBS broadband internet communication links for better communication with 1MBS broadband communication links as a backup.
- Unit has 15KVA UPS (Uninterrupted power supply) backup along with a 24-hour generator backup to support power failure
- Transmission of Voice Data through secure FTP.
- A well equipped library for assistance that contains books, reference material and CD ROM
Protecting privacy of your information is a top priority at BOSS. We have taken careful measures to secure your information on our physical premises. This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We are much aware of the developing governmental guidelines for the electronic patient record. We ensure the security, confidentiality, and privacy of all data being transferred. We provide total Internet security and believe that the procedure that we use is secure enough to satisfy the utmost security needed for such activity Our Transcriptionists, editors, and management staffs are bound by a confidential non-disclosure agreement.
Implementation Guides Adopted for use under HIPAA at BOSS, recognizes the significant changes that the HIPAA regulations present to the healthcare industry. BOSS is committed to helping our clients achieve HIPAA compliance within the timelines established by the regulations.
BOSS is undertaking the effort and expending substantial sums in order to be responsive and knowledgeable regarding HIPAA regulations and their impact on our customers. BOSS understands that some of the HIPAA regulations have not yet been finalized, and are subject to change. Going forward, BOSS guiding principle is to make every reasonable effort to be knowledgeable and responsive regarding HIPAA regulations, and to act as a business associate in all client activities geared toward achieving HIPAA compliance within the mandated timeframes. Safeguarding the confidentiality of patient information is at the heart of HIPAA legislation.
How does it work?
The operation includes a high-end technology that enables the physicians to upload their dictations to us using a remote server. The physicians dictate either on 1800(toll free) number or handheld digital recorders
BOSSâ€™s pricing is significantly more cost-effective than that of competing services due to the advantage of lower cost offshore transcription and Internet based file transfer protocols. However, to understand the BOSS cost-saving advantage, you must be aware of what you are really paying for your current service. Transcription services typically charge per line, per character, or per hour, making it difficult to compare costs.
BOSS will give you a competitive quote, but you need to know how you are currently billed so you can make a quantitative comparison.
BOSS offers you the advantage to save your costs by paying only for the work done. After all why should you pay your employees for their coffee breaks!
BILLING: BOSS bills a 65-character line with spaces. Costs may vary depending on the followings:
- Quality of dictation
- Methodology of dictation captures and file transfer preferred
- Complexity of format required by the client
- Assured minimum volumes per day
We suggest that you mail us regarding the quotation
SERVICES: We provide services to following fields:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Nursing Homes
- Nursing Services
- Private practices
- Surgery centers
- Plastic Surgery
- and many more…
We specialize in the following areas but not are limited to:.
- History and Physical reports
- SOAP notes
- Clinical Summary
- Progress Notes
- Discharge Summary
- Pediatric/Geriatric reports
- Rehabilitation Reports
- Operative reports
- Patient Charts
- Surgery Notes
- Emergency Room Reports
- Medical Records Summary
Experienced transcription team: Each medical transcriptionist graduates from a meticulous six month medical transcription course before being inducted into our team. Some of our transcriptionists and proof readers are physiotherapists and therapists who are well acquainted with medical terminologies and human anatomy.
- Our Transcriptionists are trained and qualified in the entire range of Human Anatomy and all specialty branches viz.
- BOSS ensures confidentiality of medical records and patient details. (The production floor does not carry any equipment to generate hard copies of the records and except for the network cables, there are no data carrying media attached to the individual nodes)
- Deliver accuracy of 98.5% as per the international standards
- Deliver the work in a Turnaround Time of 8 â€“ 24 hours frame.
- The present transcriptionists are razor sharp in transcribing with fine quality and providing the work timely.
- One proofreader per three transcriptionists
- One Quality Analyst per three proofreaders (1:3).
- Adhere strictly to the quality standards demanded by the customers
Free trial offer: Try us before you sign-up with us! We can offer a free trial on a sample project for you, to demonstrate our transcription capabilities. Send us sample transcripts, templates and sample audio files.